I was picking up my clothes at the dry cleaners when I overheard the conversation. “I asked him not to spill on this shirt—it’s the one I gave him—but naturally, he spilled on it.” She rattled on, “I wanted to go out for steak, but naturally he chose an Italian place and of course he got tomato sauce all over it.”
An engaging story, it made me think that likely at one time or another we’ve each worried about spilling on the clothes we wear, probably because it’s one of our favorite pieces. And there are a few of us who are also guilty of saying to a spouse, “please, don’t spill on your shirt.” With all the worry and concern, ultimately we usually find a spill on that favorite shirt. Why is that?
The Law of Attraction
Tip #1: What you focus on you receive. That is to also say, what you say you want, is what you get. Okay, yes, the sentence is: “don’t spill on your shirt.” Glad you asked. Here’s the answer.
Tip #2: The Universe responds to the action verb—not to linking verbs, contractions or negative adverbs (such as the word “don’t.”) In our shirt example “spill on my shirt” is the action you actually place energy on. And, that’s the energy to which the good-hearted Universe responds.
Sound complicated? It’s simple really. And those two little tips will greatly advance your success in attracting what you really want. Here are some starter steps:
- Practice actively listening to the words you think and speak.
- Capture a few sentences in your daily routine and mentally diagram them out to the core subject, verb, and object, deleting any linking verbs, contractions and negative adverbs you hear.
- Say the remaining words aloud. Remember: what you say you want is what you get.
- Make wording corrections as needed for your positive expression and gain. For instance, in our example, try saying instead, “I keep my shirt clean.”
- Repeat new sentence 3-5x with positive energy.
- Follow with “and so it is.”
Practice active listening, and positive thinking and speaking in all areas of your life. As you step away from the old slang, you will be delighted in attracting more and more of your heart’s true desires. Just relax, and keep your shirt clean. Angel Blessings~ N